Why are you experiencing upper back pain in between shoulder blades? There are few straightforward stretches for you to attain instant pain relief on this muscle-knot-prone zone.
As we stay focus on our work, we forget to move our muscles. This may increase our productivity on that day but slowly degrades our spine health. Our body constantly craves movements.
I realized this after I started working out. The constant micro-movements reduced pain in my body, lowered muscle knot formations, and relieved stress to an exponential level.
Guys who work out still have back pain issues because they forget the importance of stretching. Check out Dynamic sitting effects in the human body to relieve pain.
Proper stretches to kill upper back pain in between shoulder blades
Few dynamic and static stretches are enough to relieve muscle knots or tightness that are caused because of over training and improper stretching. Exercises for back pain pdf attached at the end or you can simply copy and paste it on MS word.
How to do inverted pulls?
- Stand straight and raise your arms in front of your chest.
- Place the left arm on top of the right arm and twist it such that the palms face each other approximately 10 cm apart.
- Hold on to a vertical bar or any rigid support on each palm and pull it.
- In this way, you can get a deep stretch.
- Slowly move up and down while holding on to the bar to find the spot where you have the pain.
- Hold the spot for 30 seconds and rest for 10 seconds. Repeat the hold for 3 sets after your workout or after sitting for a long time.
What muscles do inverted pulls work?
- Primarily the muscles in the upper back, in between shoulder blades.
- Lat muscles
- Lower trapezius muscles
- If we lower the hold the underneath chest height, the upper traps and middle traps get stretched.
- Reduces upper back pain in between shoulder blades
Dynamic Upper Back Spinal Twists
It is a dynamic warmup technique used to stretch the muscles around T1 to T12 safely. Body builders often twist their body to relieve from muscle strains because of over-training.
How to perform standing twists?
- Stand upright and place the feet shoulder width apart.
- Raise the arms to the height of chest and twist the arms and the body to reach the left end.
- You can either fold your arms inward or extend it while performing but extended version provides good momentum.
- Do the twists relatively fast to get an extra momentum and twist to the right end.
- Repeat the twists for 1 minute and rest for 10 seconds.
Variations: Twist with a medicine ball
- Take a medicine ball and stand nearby a wall.
- Throw the ball to the left side with explosive power and alternate it to right side.
- Repeat it for 12 reps for 3 sets and rest 20 seconds in between.
What muscles do standing twists work?
- erector spinae
- upper back muscles
- lower back muscles
- Relieves upper back pain in between shoulder blades.
- Releases muscle knots
- Fast muscle recovery
- Leg stability
- Reduces belly fat and tones hip
Upper Back Bends
A physiotherapeutic exercise for correcting posture, easing muscle guarding.
How to do upper back bends?
- Place a chair in front of you and get down on your knees.
- Place the elbows at the end of the chair or any other rigid surface.
- Slowly lower the upper back underneath the height of the flat surface and try to create a sagging arch.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and come back to original the position.
- Repeat the upper back bends for 10 reps, and while breathing in and breathing out throughout the exercise.
What muscles do upper back bends work?
- Relaxes thoracic spine
- Improves posture if done daily
- Releases tension on rhomboids
- Regulates blood circulation
- Reduces belly fat
- heals upper back pain
Stretching With Child’s Pose
An ultimate pose to relieve tension in the lat muscles and the connecting upper back muscles between shoulder blades.
How to do a child’s pose for upper back pain?
- Lay down on a yoga mat with knees bent. Stretch until the head reaches the floor in front of the knees.
- Extend the arms and stretch them in front of the head.
- Now slowly move to the left and stretch the right arm to the left side.
- Similarly, move to the right side and stretch the left arm.
- Hold on to stretched positions for 5 seconds and come back to the neutral position.
- Repeat the steps for 12 reps and rest for 10 seconds in between sets.
Benefits of stretching with child’s pose
- Relieves tension in the upper back muscles between shoulder blades.
- Deep stretch in upper, mid-back, and lower trapezius muscles.
- Releases the muscle knots on rhomboids.
- Stress relief
- Enhances productivity
- Fast metabolism
Instant spine stretch loved by chiropractors.
How to stretch with a towel?
- Lay down flat on the floor and slip a towel underneath the neck.
- Raise the towel 1 foot above the body line and 1 foot on top of the head.
- The hold will be at 45° from the head.
- Now pull the towel gently and try to extend the spine.
Benefits of towel stretch
- Can be done anywhere, anytime.
- Stretches the spine and decompresses nerves.
- relieves upper back pain.
In our stationary lifestyle, the muscles are prone to overstraining, aging, and guarding. It is necessary to ease them with proper stretching techniques that are effective.
Exercises for back pain pdf contains the practical stretching techniques you could read anywhere but still referring to this webpage could benefit due to frequent updates. Exercise like inverted pulls, upper backbends, child’s pose, stretching with a towel is effective in treating upper back pain in between shoulder blades only if you replicate it exactly as shown.
Note: Do not perform these workouts if you experience unbearable pain. Consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Best Shoes for walking on concrete. (relieve pain from plantar fasciitis and very high arch)
Fit glide review. (relieve knee pain)
How to choose foam roller. (pain relief from micro tears)
What could be the cause of upper back pain?
- Overtraining the upper back muscles without adequate rest.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Injury due to an accident
- Poor posture
- Muscle guarding
- Poor food choices
- Excessive masturbation or unnatural sex practices
Is a massage good for upper back pain? How do I relieve upper back pain?
A massage is a well-established technique proven to reduce muscle knots in the upper back. After learning how to use the home massage equipment or under the care of a professional masseuse, you can get rid of upper back pain.
Hot-cold therapy, foam rolling, and stretching when combined with massage can relieve upper back pain in between shoulder blades fast.